The Sources List
The Source list is located in the upper-left corner of Linotype FontExplorer X's main window. It lists all sources that the available fonts are grouped in and is used for navigation through the various font sources, as well as to add your own custom sources for easy and successful font management.
The following different sources can be found in the Source list:
- The Library is a special Set, which contains all fonts that are loaded in Linotype FontExplorer X.
- The Linotype Font Store is used to find, preview, purchase and download fonts quickly and easily.
- The Favorites contain fonts from the store you like and might buy sometime.
- The Shopping Cart contains all fonts you'll buy.
- The Order History contains all fonts you bought and lets you download them.
- Conflicts is used for identifying and solving existing font conflicts.
- System Sets are Sets that contain the fonts of the system font folders.
- Collections are part of Apple's FontBook collections, which appear in every Cocoa Application. They can be modified exactly like a normal Set.
- Last imported contains the fonts from the last font import.
- Folders are custom objects for grouping and managing Sets and Folders.
- Sets are custom objects for grouping and managing fonts according to your needs.
- Smart Sets are dynamic sets of fonts that search and group the available fonts by certain criterias.
You can customize the appearance of the source list:
To show/hide the Collections, choose View > Show Collections.
This procedure applies to Conflicts and Last imported, too.
To show/hide the System Sets, choose View > Show System Fonts > In Sources.