Log in to GSLIS Moodle
If you are taking a standard, semester-long GSLIS course, log in to GSLIS Moodle with your Simmons username and password (the same username and password you use to log in to Webmail). If you forget your password, call the Help Desk at 617-521-2222.
Once you are logged in, you should see a list of the courses in which you are enrolled. Click on one to enter. If you do not see your course, your instructor may not have yet made it available to students.
Note: Moodle works best in Firefox or Internet Explorer. Use either of these browsers for best results.
New Users: Create an Account on GSLIS Moodle
The first time you log in to GSLIS Moodle, you will be asked to create an account.
- Go to the GSLIS Moodle website: http://gslis.simmons.edu/moodle
- In the Login box, enter your Simmons username and password (same as Webmail). The profile form will open.
- In the profile form, fill out all required fields (in red and marked with an asterisk*).
- Click Update profile. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Login to your email account and look for a confirmation email from Moodle Admin. If you do not see it, check your spam folder.
- In the confirmation email, click on the confirmation link.
- You will be returned to your Moodle profile. You can make any additional updates necessary and click Update profile or simply return to the Moodle homepage. You should now see a list of courses in which you are enrolled. If you do not see any courses yet, your instructor may not have made them available to you.
I did not receive a confirmation email.
Check your email's spam folder.
I can't get out of the Update profile page.
- Make sure you have clicked on the link sent in the confirmation email.
- Make sure you have filled in information in all required fields (in red and marked with an asterisk*).
- If you have confirmed the account and filled out all required fields, try going directly to the Moodle homepage: http://gslis.simmons.edu/moodle
My Simmons login does not work
- Try logging in to Webmail to make sure your Simmons username and password is working as expected.
- If you are unable to log in to Webmail, contact the Help Desk at 617-521-2222 to have your password reset. Please note that the GSLIS Tech Lab cannot reset Simmons passwords.
- If you are a Continuing Education student or instructor, you have a special username and password for CE Moodle. Make sure you are logging in on the CE Moodle website. If you forget your username or password, click the Yes, help me log in button to have your password reset.
I need more help.
Please contact the GSLIS Tech Lab for more help.