Office: GSLIS P-205B, 1 Palace Road
Mailing Address: Simmons College, 300 The Fenway, GSLIS P-205B, Boston, MA 02115
- Evaluating the conceptual analysis stage of the subject analysis process, particularly from the standpoint of the human experience.
- Trends in graduate education for bibliographic control.
- The need for a structured framework for subject analysis.
- The importance of controlled vocabularies in retrieval tools.
- LCSH errors and difficulties in application.
- The evaluation of documentary languages using discipline-specific criteria.
- The application of classification theory to the subject analysis process.
Current Research Projects and Writings:
- The role LCSH in keyword searching.
- 11th edition of The Introduction to Cataloging and Classification
- Aboutness determination models in a book based on my dissertation
- 3rd segment of my longitudinal cataloging education study