CS345 Operating Systems
Laboratory Assignment 3
The purpose of this
assignment is to give you the opportunity to write a Java program that
uses threads. You should also better understand the
concurrent execution nature of operating systems.
You are to write a Java program using
threads that does the following:
You should verify that the clock
counter accurately reflects the time between two "P" commands.
- Has a Clock thread that updates
(adds 1) to a counter every second
- Has a main which does the following:
- Starts the Clock thread
- Enters a loop that does the
- Asks the user to enter a command
- Reads the command
- If the command is the letter "P"
prints out the value of the clock counter
- If the command is the letter "R"
resets the clock to 0
- If the command is the letter "X"
terminates the program (see if you can figure out how to terminate the
thread as well as main)