This homemade dessert is a delicious summer treat for any occasion! While this option is vegetarian, it is not vegan, gluten, or nut free.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cherries, juice, sugars, tapioca and almond extract in a bowl.
- Let stand for at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into pie crust, placing pats of butter on the top of the mixture.
- Cover with the top pie crust, making sure the crust has vents. Check out our tip for cherry shaped vents
- Pinch the edges to seal the crust.
- Bake the pie at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then decrease the oven temp to 350 degrees and bake for another 30-45 minutes.
- Place on a baking rack to cool and allow the mixture to gel prior to cutting.
This is a Powell family recipe passed down by my great grandmother, Pearl.